Monday, December 5, 2011

Finally :)

Hello Everyone!
Finally Good News!!! I have dates for my evaluation for Cleveland Clinic. I have appointments on January 9th, 10th and the 11th. They over nighted me a folder with everything I need to know. From my schedule of tests I am having done during my appts, brochures and packets all about transplants (as if I don’t already know), their particular protocol before, during and after the transplant and, a packet with a list of all hotels in the area. Of course I looked at the schedule and then went straight to the list of hotels. I was hoping we could stay at the Ritz Carlton or the Renaissance but the Intercontinental Suites seem like the best choice. The hotel is connected to the Cleveland Clinic and they offer patient discounts. When we are out there we will look around at apartments and stuff for after the transplant. I also spoke to Pittsburgh today and still waiting on a date for an evaluation with them. Trying to get an evaluation with them is beyond difficult but having one set with Cleveland is a huge weight off my shoulders!  

More exciting news!! My sister MacKenzie comes home on December 13th! I miss her sooo much! She goes to school at Auburn University out in Alabama and I have not seen her since August. We skype a lot and talk on the phone a lot but I just can’t wait to see her <3

My sorority sisters are holding a benefit for me on December 10th at Shooters Billards and Lounge in Pelham, NH. The event starts at 6:00pm and goes till 12:00am Tickets are $10 dollars before the event and $15 at the door. I was hoping to be able to attend but my Drs. have advised me as well as everyone else thinks it is best if I try to avoid large groups of people. There is just so much sickness going around right now and I cannot risk catching anything.
   Also there is a big benefit being held for me on February 11th at the Andover Country Club. It is a dinner/dance with raffles, a silent auction as well as a live auction. Tickets are $75 dollars and they have to be bought before the event. I will continue to give more details about this benefit as I learn more details. If interested in attending either event please feel free to contact me through here, facebook or twitter.
   This past Sunday my grandparents held a benefit breakfast for me. All of their friends attended and they raised $1500 dollars! They thought it would be best if I did not attend because again, there is so much going around right now and they did not want me to catch anything.

   I have officially gotten into the Christmas spirit :). My mom and I have decorated the inside of our house (well mom decorated, I stood there and said “that looks beautiful”), total team effort if you ask me. I have finished most of my Christmas shopping which is very exciting! Not working around this time of year can be very difficult though. If anyone knows of a position that can be done from home, let me know! I will do anything for some extra cash :). This weather we are having lately is absolutely amazinggg :) I HATE snow and I HATE the cold, give me a little snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and I am good for the entire winter :).

   Also some inside info—there is a webpage being created for me and as soon as it is up and running I will post the URL.
Talk to you all later~Breathe Easy,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment