Monday, December 12, 2011

No news is good news!


 
  Sad News :( my Aunty Martha passed away on Tuesday Dec 6th at the age of 88. She had been sick for some time but took a drastic downhill the last few weeks.  As unbelievably sad as this is, it is good to know she is no longer suffering. RIP Aunty Martha you will be missed beyond belief but our memories with you will give us comfort everyday. I love you <3.



  I don’t have a whole lot to write about. Pretty boring week, which in the large scheme of things I suppose is good thing. I have been stuck in the house all week, and I am starting to go nuts because of it.  You know it is sad when you are excited about  Drs. Apt because it allows you to get out of the house. Speaking of Dr. Apts. I had to go to MGH on Sunday to have my blood drawn-why I couldn't wait till Monday? I do not know. Usually when I have Dr. Apts. I enter through the Wang doors, which is a side main entrance because you can valet your car and you do not need to walk. Unfortunately, because it was Sunday the Valet service was not open so I had to park my car on the street and walk. Granted it is only a 5 min walk but when you can’t breathe it feels like you just ran a marathon. So I get to the doors and to my luck they are locked?! I was like "this is a joke" but nope it was real life. So I then had to walk all the way around to the front main entrance :(. I finally get inside and have my blood drawn. I am ready to leave and although the Wang doors were locked from the outside I thought for sure they would not be locked from the inside (The Wang doors are a lot closer to where I parked my car) I mean how can you lock doors to a main entrance from the inside of a hospital-can we say fire hazard??-But to go along with the luck I had been having that day I get to them and they are all locked! Ugh, it gets worse, so I get back on the elevators to get back to the first floor so I can leave through the front main entrance. Once on the elevator I try to press the button for the first floor but it wont let me so I pressed the button for the second floor and it worked so I figured this elevator was just not working. So I get off at the second floor and then get one a new elevator and try to press the first floor button and again it does not work. At this point I am pretty sure there is smoke coming from my ears. I get back to the Wang floor and find two security people stuffing their faces at a table with coffee and donuts. I asked them what I should do since the doors are locked and the elevators seem to be broken. Their response-"Oh the elevators are also locked and you have to walk up these two flights of stairs to get back on the first floor" ...wait do you not see the oxygen tube strapped to my face? I can barely walk on a flat surface never mind walk up TWO flights of stairs. So, when I spoke my frustration (and if you know me it was not in the nicest of tones) their other option was to walk through the entire downstairs until I reached the cafeteria and then I could take those elevators because they wont be locked. Finally, I get back on the first floor I am now sweating bullets and huffing and puffing for air so I had to sit down before I endured the walk back to my car. I finally made it home which felt like a million hours later and relaxed. Also, wanted to mention that even though I can’t really go out I can and do love having visitors :) just make sure you are healthy, haha.



  Since I am stuck in the house 24/7 I had time to be creative so I put together a video, nothing professional or anything but I think it came out okay! Here is the link to my Youtube page, feel free to go and watch the video, and subscribe if you’d like :) . http://www.youtube.com/user/glitsNglamxoxo

 

  I am sorry these blogs are only once a week right now, but until the evaluation nothing major to really write about everyday! If anything in my life should change –health wise I will definitely update you ASAP. But for right now everything is just holding its own and I am just waiting.  I wonder though, does anyone really read this? I hope so. 



  Please follow me and comment letting me know that this does get read :)  Hope you enjoy the video!



Talk to you Later~Breathe Easy
Ashley


2 comments:

  1. Dear Ashley:

    I personally do not know you. My friend Jeanine and I are friends with Anna Demers and her family. Her daughter Christiana told us about you.

    I am a mother of two adult sons. I would like to take this venue to say how proud I am of you. You are a strong young lady. Your words and feelings are eloquently written. I want you to know that I've added you to my daily prayers. Life is precious and life is good. I know from the deepest core of my heart and soul that you will receive the double lung transplant shortly. God has you in his loving hands and is watching over you. Your guardian angels are watching over you. Yes, Ashley you are very much loved.

    I am so sorry that you have had to go through so much in your 26 years here on earth. You are without a doubt an exceptional young lady. Keep your spirit souring high, because you are going up the mountain and, yes you will WIN!

    Thank you for taking time to make a post. My wish and prayers for you is for you to have a full and speedy recovery. May God almighty bless, protect, keep you safe and healthy 24/7-365. Many blessings for you and all your loved ones.

    Beth
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley

    Keep the faith, the hope, the positive attitude, continute to be strong, and BELIEVE in miracles because I think god is going to give you one. You have so many people praying for you.
    You are a strong and wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete